COVID-19 Priority Testing Sites: What You Need to Know
· Employers or their designees must make appointments for their staff, providing the place of employment, employees first and last name, date of birth, gender, street address, city, state, zip code, email address, and primary telephone number.
· Personnel do not need to be symptomatic to be eligible, but please make a note of whether they are currently showing symptoms. This will assist the testing staff.
· In the event that multiple employees of the same agency or business are seeking testing, some may be scheduled for a later date in order to accommodate others.
· To schedule an appointment for a member of your staff, please call 855-563-7510. You will have the option to select either the
· The call center is open from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, seven days per week. Appointments for grocery/supermarket employees may be scheduled beginning Saturday, April 11.
· Call center personnel are not able to answer medical or procedural questions pertaining to COVID-19 or DPH/CDC recommendations or guidance.
· Notify your supervisor if you wish to receive testing. You will have the option to select a testing site in either Foxborough or
· Inform your supervisor of your preferred testing site and provide the identifying information he or she will request. This information will be used to confirm your appointment at the testing site.
· Your supervisor will need to know whether you are currently showing symptoms such as sore throat, dry cough, fever, difficulty breathing, or shortness of breath. Employees are eligible for testing regardless of whether they are showing symptoms.
· Bring your drivers license or valid ID to the correct testing site.
· The Foxborough
testing site is located in Gillette Stadium Parking Lot P-10 at
· The West Springfield site is located
at Gate 1 of the Big E Fairgrounds, at
· Test results for symptomatic personnel will be expedited and provided in 24 to 48 hours. Test results for asymptomatic personnel will be provided within three to five days. All test results will be provided electronically.
· Test site personnel are not able to answer medical or procedural questions pertaining to COVID-19 or DPH/CDC recommendations or guidance.
April 10, 2020
Dear Local 791 Members:
As you may know, the Baker-Polito Administration and the Executive Office of Public Safety and Security this week launched a free priority COVID-19 testing program to support the Commonwealths public health strategy. Initially geared toward first responders and other public safety personnel, its goal is to promote testing among those who may unavoidably have close contact with members of the public in the course of their duties.
Based on our assessment of need and capacity, EOPSS is expanding eligibility for this program to include grocery/supermarket workers. These men and women provide critical access to food and other necessities and their health is crucial.
Beginning on Saturday, April 11, appointments may be made for
We are deeply grateful to the Big E, Brewster Ambulance Service, the Department of Correction, the Department of Fire Services, the New England Patriots, the New England Revolution, Wellpath, and Quest Diagnostics for their assistance as we expand this important service. As we confront this unprecedented crisis together, please accept my thanks and deep appreciation for your commitment to serve our Commonwealth and all its residents.
Secretary of Public Safety and Security
United Food and Commercial Workers
Proudly serving workers in